Float Therapy Benefits
Resting in our float tank greatly reduces the force of gravity on the body. Reduced gravity eases pressure on joints and muscles. Energy is reserved when we spend less time resisting the forces of gravity, our bodies can then use this surplus of energy in expediting healing processes.
Our fast paced society bombards our lives with nearly constant stimulation, leaving us both physically and mentally overwhelmed. Floating dampens the senses and this allows us to turn off these automatic responses to constant stimuli. The body and mind are able to completely relax and decompress. This true relaxation can have a hugely positive impact on stress-related disorders and can aid in mental processes.
Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is a chemical compound comprised of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It has hundreds of uses throughout the body, including regulation of cell-signaling pathways. Over three hundred enzymes in the body require magnesium for various cellular functions. An estimated sixty-eight percent of American adults are magnesium deficient. Magnesium sulfate can be ingested as a dietary supplement, though it is most efficient and effective when absorbed through the skin, such as during floatation therapy.
- • Faster healing of broken bones and sprained joints
- • Relief from neck and back pain
- • Better spinal and structural alignment
- • Faster physical rehabilitation
- • The reduction of lactic acid
- • Improved reaction time
- • Discomfort during pregnancy
- • Strengthening of the immune system
- • Regulate and catalyze production of over three hundred enzymes
- • Facilitate calcium absorption
- • Shorten duration of migraine symptoms
- • Lessen the symptoms of PMS
- • Enhanced creativity
- • Increase in overall well being
- • Increased memorization skills
- • Increased language and skill acquisition
- • Anxiety
- • PTSD